OFF-CAMPUS & ADULT EDUCATION
RE-STOCKING trout in SPEAR LAKE, MAY 7TH, 2020
REMOVING FISH FROM SPEAR LAKE & CONJURING CREEK FOR TROUT STOCKING PROGRAM
Ojibway/Land-based education and Waywayseecappo Food Security Partner
Leisure and Learning Resource Bank
I am writing this note to share resources and suggestions for family leisure time with fun, constructive, positive family activities.
The following site has a cool, extensive list of virtual tours with cities, famous buildings, zoos, museums etc!!
Current Live Events on Social Media
*Please feel free to text me any sites or upcoming virtual musical or other entertainment events that you think I should add to this. I will update as much as possible
*Metallica Mondays on YouTube airs every Monday around supper time.
*Pink Floyd is streaming recordings of concerts on their Youtube channel.
*Godsmack's Sully Erna is streaming sessions via his YouTube channel on Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 7:00, but are being recorded so you can watch them anytime you like. His shows are called "Hometown Sessions" and are adult oriented.(disclaimer)
LIVENATION EVENTS LINK Stock-full of options for streaming music!
Foo Fighters video concert
Radiohead video concert
Bachman & Bachman (BTO) concert
Waywayseecappo Off-Campus/Adult Education
PARK WEST SCHOOL DIVISION MEMO Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Topic: Indefinite suspension of classes announced
This morning, the Province of Manitoba announced an indefinite suspension of regular classes for the remainder of the school year. Some key elements of the announcement include:
All K-12 students will be expected to engage in remote learning.
Teachers will be remotely teaching and remotely assessing students.
Students who are on track to graduate this year will graduate.
Grade 12 provincial exams scheduled for June are cancelled.
No student will be held back because of COVID-19.
Students will receive a final grade and report card.
Marks for all students will be established at their current level or baseline. That means the lowest mark a student may get in a course is their current mark.
Students will have an opportunity to increase their marks through ongoing learning. Planning is underway to develop a framework for teaching and learning for the remainder of the school year.
Manitoba Education will share the specific framework and more details in the days ahead. To assist in the planning, Manitoba Education has established planning teams related to seven priority areas. These groups will begin meeting remotely this afternoon. The teams include:
Distance and Online Learning Technology -
Child Nutrition -
Students without Technology -
Clinical Supports and Special Needs -
K-8 Assessment and Learning -
Grade 9 – 12 Assessment and Learning -
Graduating Students and Adult Learners
We will keep you updated on additional developments as they become available.
March 20th, 2020
Attention students, and parents,/guardians during the Covid 19 school suspensions:
1. As of March 13th, 2020, all schools within Waywayseecappo First Nation have been suspended until April 13th, 2020 to minimize the transmission of Covid 19 within the community. This suspension is subject to change upon the direction of the Education Director of Waywayseecappo, Colleen Clearsky.
2. Please monitor the Park West School Division website, which is linked below, as it will reflect updates from Divisional/Provincial/Federal agencies as they affect all Manitoba Educational stakeholders.
3. The Off-Campus and Adult Education building is currently being cleaned and disinfected. Patrick Loewen will be in the building intermittently, during this time. Due to the modular nature of our courses, I believe that it is possible for our students to continue working towards their educational goals. Please feel free to leave a text message on my cellphone, 204-821-0070 and I will prepare schoolwork for students as needed. I received work from the Cosmotology teacher, as well. Please remember that continuing your studies is voluntary at this time.
4. If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact Colleen Clearsky @ 204-842-2118w or Patrick Loewen @ 204-842-2123w.
5. It is extremely important for everyone to maintain "physical distancing" as much as possible by staying at your home except when purchasing essential goods.